Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Project #2 - Baby Elf Shoes

I got this pattern from crafters.org. The person who wrote the tutorial called it "plogs". But I forget why. I'm gonna call it Elf Shoes instead coz I think it kinda looks like one. I made some minor adjustments. Namely in the elastics needed because I didn't know how to sew over the elastics. What I did was made a casing for it with bind tape. You can't see it in the picture because it's in the inner side.


Some beginner's mistakes:
- One one pair, I sewed on the wrong side, so you can kinda see the seam
- The bobbin ran out of thread midway and I inserted it wrongly, so the stitches were kinda loose in some parts
- One sole is bigger than the other...but doesn't really matter coz it's cloth
- Used thick material for the inner layer...need to use cotton or something thinner next time

4 comments:

aidafiqs adamia said...

aww cute!!!

can saeed still wear booties at his age?

i wanna make more booties but i think Adam doesn;t need them anymore :( since he started cruising, booties make it slippery for him to pull himself up or crawl..uwaaaaa!!sedih

hubby says time for new baby...erkkk

ummi sa'eed said...

eheh...thanks

boleh aje. but when we go out lah. kalau dalam rumah tak pakai pun. if tak nak licin, maybe can put the rubber dot dot thing kat tapak...kasi dia non-slip. just a thought, but have no idea how to do it.

Sarah said...

comelnye! it does look like baby elf shoes.

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

excellent!! congratulations for the sewing projects! i've got a ton of work-in-progress yg belum habih habih! hmm maybe i'll blog abt them after all. hehehehehe