Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Wedding and the Baby

The Wedding

Congratulations to AS and BCL. Too bad I couldn't make it since I was still in confinement. But the rest of my family attended it and they surely had a blast. Kak Sarah promised to update her blog when they get their internet connection so that I can read it and be green with envy. The wedding we got invited to was the one held at KGPA, which if I'm not mistaken was a closed event for friends and family.

AS's (hmmmm) family is a long time family friend. We've known them and his extended family probably for about 15 years. His youngest Aunt (number 16!) was probably the closest one to my arwah mama. AS's mom founded Yayasan Anak Warisan Alam and that was how we got to know them. Plus she had a taska that my sister went to. His whole family is very down to earth and very cool. His dad (who is an Englishman) used to drive around in a Kancil...hehe...what a sight to see.

But anyways, all the best to both of them. BCL kinda looks like my freshman roommate in the States...oh how I do NOT want to be reminded of her and I shall NOT blog about it or I'll be homicidal.


The Baby

My cousin Hana is expecting a daughter any time now. I told her that he baby must be the MOST awaited baby in our family. First of all, she'll be my cousin's firstborn, so memang dah tertunggu-tunggu lah. Then, she's overdue. EDD was 9/11.

Yesterday she felt contractions every 9 minutes, so off to the hospital she went (at 1 am). But since 6 am till evening, she was only dilated 1 cm. We smsed each other during the day and she said that she felt her contractions getting more intense, but bearable tho and still 1 cm. Later that night I smsed her sister to ask her progress. It seems the contractions subsided! Dang. I didn't know that was even possible.

So today will definitely be the day, one way or another. She's 10 days overdue and anything more than that might not be good for the baby. Dr's gonna induce her if nothing happens and hopefully it'll be an SVD (spontaneous vaginal delivery) and not an LSCS (lower segment ceasarian section).

We are praying for you, Aunt Hana!

UPDATED
Hana finally delivered a girly girl on November 19th at 4.27pm, weighing 2.7 kg. SVD...leganya maktok dengar.
Congrats!

Ala comelnye...so putih.

Sekali tengok macam rupa Iffah (Hana's sister) la pulak

Waa...we have a screamer...definitely like Iffah...muahahaha...kidding

2 comments:

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

hahahaaa Umaira Farhah is a screamer alrightttt... gave her her first bath today and she screamed all the way! ish ish ishhh.

nasib baik mummy dia dah mula sayang kat dia... (i'm talking abt me lah not her ummi!) hehehehee ;)

ummi sa'eed said...

hehe. tu la, hana said riuh sekampung. can't wait to see her.