Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Tagged: 15 Random Facts

OK, got tagged by Sarah last year. Now baru nak buat.

15 Random Facts about me.

1. Fencing. I started fencing (as in bermain pedang ye bukan mendirikan pagar rumah..hehe) with my brother when I was about 11 or 12. Then in university I joined the university's team but stopped after a semester because the dressing was no longer appropriate for me.

2. Oil & Gas. I work in an oil & gas company but I don't do oil & gas stuff. I do alternative energy stuff. It's more challenging because it's not the company's norm.

3. I have 'floating' bits of bone in my left foot. This was because I kicked a tiang gol basketball during my highschool days..yes, very smart ey. So sometimes I won't be able to walk (if it floats to the wrong place). But that hasn't happened since I got married.

4. I like to do things spontaneously and without thinking through the details. Biggest example was when I spent 3 months in Tanzania, Africa. Hoo boy. Will I do it again? Probably, but minus the sketchy details of which I shall not reveal..hehe

5. Related to number 4, I used to be able to speak Swahili. Good enough to order food, ask for directions and be courteous.

6. Handbags. I love looking at handbags, but haven't found the One.

7. Punctual. That should be my middle name. I can't stand people being late. A couple of my friends always 'get it' from me for wasting my time....you know who you are eh...hahahahaha. But I'm not always so punctual now...ye la, dah 2 anak.

8. The best trip I ever had was one summer during university days when my friends and I went for a road trip. We covered 6 states in 7 days. It was really brilliant. We had a tent and all that jazz, but we only had 3 sleeping bags...haha. Sapa sangka summer pun sejuk menggigil gigil. We camped at different National Parks and woke up to deers and moose rummaging for food and slept with coyotes howling in the background.

9. I would like to stay in the States. I just like it there. I think muslims there are more 'practicing' than muslims here (mcm bagosss je ckp eh). We'll see....we'll see....

10. I've written a paper on Tree Death once. Yepp...that's the title...Tree Death. The paper was on different ways and reasons trees die. It was for an ecology class ok!

11. Once during Halloween, a couple of my friends and I went into the Interfaith Center and played 'sorok sorok'. It was pretty freaky because it was an old building with creaking pipes and we had one unfortunate incident where someone crashed into somebody else. That was when we stopped playing.

12. My family's not really into taking pictures and keeping them. So I can safely say that I don't have pictures from my younger years (apart from 2 or 3 which is at my dad's office)..especially when I was a cute little cuddly baby.

13. Workwise, I might be absorbed into a special projects team directly reporting to the VP to do xxxx. hehehe...mana bole cakap doh...karang kena buang keje. But if you are smart, you'll be able to figure it out :p

14. I secretly wish that Mr. Hubs would work for a company that pays a lot a lot so that I won't have to work and will be able to be a WAHMie.

15. I have ONE permanent lunch buddy. But she might transfer to somewhere else. What do I do?? Loser la makan sorang2...hahahaha

4 comments:

sera_a said...

omg!
baru skrg????
aku rase aku pun secretly wish that sarip works that earns a lot alot..hahah
and kesian kau takde lunch buddy..sjak akhir2 ni pun aku slalu xde lunch buddy masing2 busy..huh

Sarah said...

yay! now i know more about you! :D

no wonder i nak cari pix from your childhood nak tgk rupe ur brother takde ek. he always said tah hilang kot. ;P

I still have a soft spot for America although I lived there like berapa lama dulu tah haha. i like it there too, i had many great memories there that i masih ingat until now. in my dreams i wanna live there but your brother HATES it there although he has never menjejakan kaki kat sana. ah well...

ummi sa'eed said...

sera_a: kannnn kannnn. well, u can always cme over :D

sarah: bukannye hilang. mmg TAKDE...muahahaha. dia hate sbb tgk the government, but when u look at the people, not too bad (but still depends where u are la).

angelsixteen said...

klu nk tgk gbr ktorg kcik kcik kne g ofis papa..kt ctu je ade gbr kte kcik kcik...i was v cute. hehehe. kt rmh maktok (BM) ade 1 hanging on d wall