Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

Today...

Today my nanny had to go to the embassy to renew her passport because she has to renew her visa and her passport does not have anymore pages for the visa. She only told me this yesterday, so of course I couldn't take leave at such short notice...plus I had a meeting to attend to.

But anyways, who babysat the kids? My brother! Yepp you read it right...MY BROTHER. His wife, Kak Sarah has piano lessons on Friday mornings, so she couldn't do it. Nervous gak nak mintak my brother babysit the kids (plus his son too). Karang dilambung-lambung nye anak-anak aku...hahaha.

Anyways, I gave him a call at around 2.30pm to ask how were things. Since my nanny already came back from the embassy, my brother already went home. But the oddest thing happened while he was babysitting...

'Aatikah didn't feed since I left till about 12pm. So that's like 6 hours. Tapi ni bukan case dera ye. He did try to feed her, but she wouldn't take the bottle. And she didn't even cry for milk! As soon as my nanny came, she bathed 'Aatikah. Lepas mandi baru nak minum!

Pretty weird.

And today, I got news that a friend of mine had a miscarriage. I also bumped into this blog of a senior in the States. Apparently his wife was part of an ajaran sesat group and 'kidnapped' his daughter. They are divorced now and he hasn't seen his daughter for some time.

Both news made me more thankful of what I have now.

Two beautiful kids and a husband who is not part of an ajaran sesat group. You know what I mean...And I am just thankful that for now, life is good (except for the I'm a lousy cook part and I need a change of scenery part, workwise (but insyaAllah that will happen soon...updates when it really does happen!)...hahaha)

4 comments:

sera_a said...

hmm about the lousy cooking, its natural. some people are just born with the gift (mcm aku?;p) tp xpe nana, yg penting kau kuat berusaha..at least there's love in it that will make do.

hahhahahahhahahahaha, gila keji siott aku!

ummi sa'eed said...

babe, love is NOT enough. kena ada udang/ayam/daging sikit dan perisa kena cukup...hehehe

tu la, tapikan, walaupun aku lousy cook, aku 'kakak cantik'...ngehehehe..bole tak?

Anonymous said...

tursina.natasha ni.igt lg x? kwn kat kusess..hehehe.. leh kc e-mail? ade nk tnye psl breastfeeding la. nana kalu pam, dpt byk ke? xskt ke? e-mail me ek..natashakamarudin@yahoo.com

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

zik babysat the kiddies??????????? now i've got a new sort of profound respect for the insane fella ;)

alah nana, ape ape hal dtg je makan kat sini. bagi 20 mins notice ok dah. bole i dapat gomol si sa'eed tu..