Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Of Labor

I remember while I was studying in the States, we always attended Friday prayers. In one of the khutbah, the imam said that God made us forgetful for a reason. For women, so that they can forget the pain of going through labor and have more kids.

But of course that was coming from a man.

Sa'eed was born about 17 months ago and I still can remember the whole labor process plus how it felt like being stitched up after the womb tenant got evicted. Not fun. But I was holding Sa'eed at that time and I guess the pain was at least bearable. Mind you, I didn't use epidural and I don't think my doctor used any anesthetic before stitching me. Come to think of it, I don't think the gas I was inhaling helped either.

But anyways, I think the contractions was the most painful part. The pain kinda subsided when I was pushing during the contractions. Then suddenly baby was out.

With my EDD almost here, I have no idea what to expect. Hopefully it will be as easy (relatively) if not easier than the first one. Ameen!

But I'm also praying for a friend of mine whose EDD is 28 September, but her husband will only be in Malaysia on the 22nd. Her mom is not muslim, so if her husband is not here when she delivers, it will be kinda hard. Hopefully her baby comes out after the 22nd. Ameen!

Sa'eed: Fresh from the oven

2 comments:

ana rauda said...

haah...
gmbr saeed ni betol2 mcm baru pas kene panggang...
hahaha

sera_a said...

awww!
is that really saeed?
could hardly recognise him.