Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Happenings

On Saturday was earth hour. We definitely observed it. Although I will have to confess that the tv and fan were on.

8.30 pm Lights off
8.31 pm Jakun-jakun tgk tv of other places that switched off their lights
8.45 pm Solat Isha'
9.00 pm Everybody slept

So yes, Earth Hour was great coz it caused the kids + parents to sleep earlier :D

Then on Sunday I hosted a pot luck for some friends. Hawa and family, Aini, Eqeen, Sarah, Odah and Arina (in order of appearence) came over with tons of food. Dua tiga kali round makan (Hawa appeared to be eating non stop...haha). We had spaghetti, pasta salad, fried mihun, brownies, mashed potatoes, salad, roast chicken, pizza and banana split (did I miss anything?). Everything was homemade except the roast chicken and of course ice cream. But the roast chicken has its own story...hehe. To cut it short: oven rosak.

I was really fun making fun of Arina, catching up, gossiping, wondering if Arina's cronic lateness is a disease and reminiscing about our days in school. The 2 babies ('Aatikah and Sophie, Hawa's baby girl) slept and woke up and slept again while the 2 toddlers played, but not together. Sa'eed stayed away from Hannah (Hawa's daughter) because Hannah would smack him or scream if he tried to play with her. Hahaha...takut perempuan ke, Sa'eed?

Later that night we invited my brother and his family over to finish up the leftovers. That night Sa'eed had a ball playing with his regular playmate, Idraki. As usual they played monkey see monkey do. And Idraki was also manja-manjaing with me. He wanted to sit on me all the time and even when I was holding 'Aatikah...he even followed me to the room when I wanted to put 'Aatikah on the bed. Smitten by your gourgeous aunt eih...hehe.

All in all it was a very enjoyable weekend. Will put up pictures once I get them!

4 comments:

sera_a said...

yess you forgot my PIZZA!

and what were u writing, saeed playing with regular playmate, saeed? naik bulu roma aku bace coz somehow it feels creepy..

i think too much overdose of food yesterday!

ummi sa'eed said...

sera_a: sorry! dah betulkan dah.

sera_a said...

rase mcm writing class plak!

Sarah said...

thank u again for inviting us. Sarah your pizza was superb!! nak lagiiiiiii ^_^