Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

aaahh...labor day weekend

Yeah I know, the public holiday for labor day was only on Thursday. Hubs and I took leave on Friday and it was a looooong weekend. Full of activities and eating out :)

Thursday
Went grocery shopping at TESCO in the afternoon. Ran into makcik there, but weirdly enough Sa'eed was scared of her...and the boy sees her everyday! Maybe because she had her scarf on. Oh yeah, before that we went to have lunch at Secret Recipe because I wanted cake. Hubs had an office gathering with SR cake, so I had to even the score. The waiters there were really efficient (or is it due to lack of anything to do?). Everytime Sa'eed dropped the spoon he was playing with, one of the waiters would come running and replace it.

Later for dinner, we went to Andalus at Jalan Damai, Ampang. It is an Arab restaurant. We went with my parents and maktok. The food was delicious. I had tabouleh, chicken kebab with rice and yogurt....yummy :) If you ever go there, make sure you get the mango juice..it is definitely superb...pure mango!

Friday
In the morning we went to Sa'eed pedi because he was due for his 12 month jab...chicken pox and something else which I can't remember. And he was also beginning to become a little ball of eczema, so we had to get that treated. Alhamdulillah I can clearly see that his skin is getting so much better. I bathe him with EUBOS for baby and also put on cream for extra dry skin and also put on Emolet cream for spots where the skin is more reddish. Eczema runs on my side of the family and unfortunately Sa'eed inherited it.

Later in the day after Friday prayers, we went to visit our cousin's wife in the hospital. She had a surgery to remove some implants in her back. Alhamdulillah I could see that she was recovering well. My dad saw the titanium implants they took out, but I didn't get to see it. Oh well, she would probably blog about it when she's up to it. Then we went over to my inlaws' house in Bangi. They're still in Gambia, but hubby's siblings were there.

Saturday
A day of lepak-ing in Bangi. Woke up late, ate late, didn't do much.

At night we went to eat at Uncle Chilli's in Amcorp Mall with hub's family (5 other siblings, 1 uncle, 1 grandma and 1 brother inlaw). I haven't been to AM for ages. The last time was probably when I was in highschool eons ago. The food at UC was good. We ate rice with tons of lauk-pauk (other dishes). Then after that we went back to TTDI.

Sunday
My camera is better....yaay. The psycho camera only accepts high end batteries and non of the cheapo stuff...hmmmph. Anyways, here's a picture of Sa'eed and his new hairdo.

Borderline girlish...or is he already there? gaaaah

In the morning after breakfast at home, we went to have brunch...yupp, you read it right..we went for brunch after having breakfast with my parents, brother and his family. It was at The One in TTDI. It's a nice kopitiam place. I had nasi lemak with rendang ayam and it was fabulous. Sa'eed had egg sandwich. He was very picky that day, he would refuse to eat the soggy part of the sandwich. And the only reason why it's soggy is because of his own saliva.

After brunch the three of us headed to One Utama. Hubby got a pair of pants and I got a little something for me too. And I got Sa'eed a pair of army pairs (because I really like Idraki's pair) and cheapo PJs for RM15. Below is a picture of Sa'eed modeling his PJs.

My lips pouty enough for you?

Later that night we went to Bora Asmara in Sg Penchala with hubs' family coz his grandma wanted to eat there. I feel like the quality of food there has somewhat deteriorated (this judging by the low quality of my favorite Blueberry Wild drink). And they changed the music guys from the usual group. One of them was smoking in the air conditioned room we were in. I was so annoyed and kept staring at him. But of course he kept on puffing away.

That was it. Our long, fun filled and food filled weekend :D And today I slave away in the office...ho-humm.

5 comments:

ana rauda said...

EUBO saeed tertinggal kat sini...
hehehehe...
naseb baik bulbul xde...kalo x leh wat mandikan bulbul...wakakakaka!!! :p

ummi sa'eed said...

Takpe, tinggal je situ. Nanti if Sa'eed visits again takyah susah ummi dia angkut sabun. Jangan korang habiskan lak :p

ana rauda said...

xnk pon sbb x wangi...hahahha!!! :p

Sarah said...

oooh, byknye pegi makan2...panjangnye cuti! :D

talking about toys... hari tu (2 weeks ago) kan we went to rumah maktok n i think sa'eed slipped one of his plastic cubes inside my bag. forgot to give you back hehe

i like the jammies u belikan tu lah. nice color n sa'eed looks so cute in it!!

Sorry to hear about the eczema thing. Idraki pon once in a while timbul eczema dia. Dah la my side of the family also got eczema including me. He's been using Elomet n Daktacourt(if serious) on and off.

ummi sa'eed said...

hehe...that boy suka betul masukkan brg dalam beg.

alhamdulillah it looks better now. skin dia dah not as rough as before. now i'm also using Sa'eed's EUBOS for my eczema :)