Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 10, 2008

In Bali...

...my merry friends, not me. They left for Bali yesterday. Four of them. All single girls. The last time they went, cool headed, rational Hawa was there to make sure things are well under control...but this time around, it's without Hawa. Oh how I shudder...heh.

I need a holiday. My hubby and I particularly like Cameron Highlands. We could stay in Bala's Chalet. I loved that place as a kid...I remember the red comfy warm blankets and how one time my brother was chased by a dog outside the place. But I dread the ride up. Will Sa'eed be okay? He likes to look out the window from his carseat. I'm sure he'll get nauseous if he does that..or won't he?

Or maybe we should go somewhere like Port Dickson? Or even Pulau Redang...oh wait, what about the boat ride? Should we just go and see what happens...like how I usually do things?

Talking about holidays, I remember the time my girlfriends and I went for a road trip in the States when we were studying there. We covered North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Nebraska, all in a week. It was probably the best roadtrip I've gone to. What I remember the most was that although it was in the summer, it was really really cold in the mountains. All 4 of us girls were definitely under dressed.

Once we went hiking and found a secluded stream. Because we haven't showered for a couple of days, we thought, why not? But going into the water, it was freezing cold! We only ended up washing our feet in it...heh.

Mind you, we stayed in different National Parks every night. There was a campsite in the middle of nowhere, one was near a creek where we woke up surrounded by deer and moose and my favorite one was the one where we could lay out a mat, lie down and watch the stars. That night, we decided to buy Ben & Jerry's ice cream and Sobe drinks to pig out because it was our last night on the road trip. As we laid down and watched the stars in pitch dark, we could hear annoying dogs barking. Suddenly we heard what sounded like coyotes howling...they seemed to be really close by! And the dogs promptly quit barking their heads off.

So back to my main point. I need a holiday.

4 comments:

sera_a said...

so babe..ape lagi..kick off with langkawi dulu ah..

ummi sa'eed said...

amboi...byk duit nak kickoff2..heh.

ala, langkawi tu org bertunang je..14 hb tu pulak ada wedding in KL, kalau tak can sambung je cuti.

ibuhannah said...

ala shiannye, kempunan nak hols rupenye..

na, suamiku kehilangan buku cimb. tak tau letak mana, dia tak tau no acc.

he's in sabah, will be back wednesday, nanti i paksa dia cari lagi the cimb book kay. sowwie.

iL4na said...

i pun nak pi langkawi laa holiday tapi susah sgt sbb jauh. maybe PD or cameron highland lagi senang kot. thinking of getting d tnb condo.